Here’s a great gluten-free, vegan ANZAC cookie recipe from Wholesome Patisserie to try this week which is a lighter version than the traditional recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 100g coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp baking soda
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 160ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, coconut and sugar.
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, melt together coconut oil and maple syrup until oil has completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine boiling water and baking soda, whisk well and pour into oil and syrup mixture. It will begin to froth, once it does, pour into dry flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Take mixture and form into balls. Place onto tray, pressing down slightly to flatten into biscuits. Leave a gap between each biscuit as the will spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
View this post on Instagram
Vegan & Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits? I got you! ❤️ Still that classic warming aroma and flavours but created without butter and using gluten free flour! These also use certified gluten free oats, however I know you may not be able to find those. Try using the same quantity of quinoa flakes for an easy GF substitute ☺️ I would have to say Anzac Biscuits are one of the best smelling biscuits! Especially when you bring them out freshly baked from the oven 🙌🏻 Link to the full recipe is in my profile! 🌹
Committed to the plant-based life? If you’re looking for a new addition to your home jungle, get in touch with your closest Plant Life Balance accredited nursery and have a chat with the experts.